The quiet and peaceful spaces in our parish churches means that prayer and stillness is at the heart of our ministry. We have spaces for your own private prayer in both of our churches, we have groups to pray with others, and we run a series of Quiet Days through the year.
What is Prayer?
People always do something when they come into our churches but what it is it? We believe that the moments, the candles, the requests left in our prayer books are all part of praying to, with, and from, God. The video below explains it better than we could!
When you pray, go into your room, and when you have shut your door, pray to your Father who is in the secret place… —Matthew 6:6
Our churches exist to provide prayerful space for you to come and bring yourself, your family, and your needs before God. Both churches are quiet spaces into which you are always invited to come and rest a while.
- A Prayer Book is available for your prayer requests (or you can email them below). We will pray these at our Daily Prayers on your behalf
- You can light candles or use the pebble prayers
- A prayer tree is outside at St Just in Roseland
- Shells and Crosses are available for you to take away with you
- Books and prayers are there for you to use
Praying with Others
“For where two or three are gathered in my name, I am there among them.” – Matthew 18.20
If you would like to join us through the week for our daily prayers you will always be welcome. You can also find Daily Prayer online from the Church of England website to say at home (click here for the link). Saying prayers as part of your daily routine is a way of grounding and setting every day into the hands of God. It stills the mind, opens the eyes, and turns our hearts in the right direction.
- 4pm on Monday – Evening Prayer at St Just Church
- 9am on Friday – Morning Prayer is said at St Just Church
- Breathing Space is a monthly Contemplative / Meditation Group (more info here)
- Always check the parish calendar for any changes
Come into His presence …
Quiet Days can be a valuable part of our journey of discipleship – an oasis for refreshment and renewal in our busy lives. We invite you to set aside some time to come into His presence; to listen, to pray, to reflect, or just to be still and know Him near. More information about our Quiet Days programme can be found at the link below: